Getting Richard Gottfried Elected Means
Common Sense Solutions For Our Real Issues
New Leadership for Montgomery County
ELECT GOTTFRIED TO BE YOUR FINANCIAL VOICE ON THE COUNTY COUNCIL!
Proven Community Leadership
- Elected by the residents for President of Twinbrook Citizens Association (a neighborhood with over 4,000 households) for three years and Treasurer for six years and outreach chair for one year;
- Elected by over 3,000 accountants in Maryland for Second-Vice President on the Board of Directors for Maryland Society of Accountants and Taxation and a Delegate for three years
- Attained over 2,500 out of 6,500 Votes (approximately 39%) with nine candidates and one slate of five incumbents running from residents in the City of Rockville non-partisan election for Council!
- Common Sense Leadership on the issues
- Experience with State and Local governmental budgets and a Certified Public Accountant
- Neighborhood Activism with proven citizen victories
- Public Finance Campaign program
- Since 2007, Richard has worked with over twenty-five civic associations in Montgomery County and the City of Rockville on numerous neighborhood issues.
- Richard coordinated the “Twinbrook Parkway” Coalition and local officials to stop a two story industrial office building on being built on a middle school saving the Montgomery County taxpayers over $14 million dollars. The County already has vacant office space to relocate twenty administrators. WE WON!
- As President of the Twinbrook Citizens Association, I worked with the Presidents from Aspen Hill, Flower Valley, Norbeck Road, Manor Lake, Olney Civic Associations group called “CCARD” to stop the bus depot located in Shady Grove Metro area to being moved to Avery Road as well as the buses being relocated to Lincoln Park and to the West End in Rockville. WE WON!
- Richard worked with the Montgomery County Civic Federation (MCCF) on their “Budgetpoolza” where Richard presented his report on the Staffing Section for the MCPS Budget ($2.5 billion dollars).
Richard presented to the MCCF members and to two members on the board of education (BOE) to reinstate the Literacy Coach position in the MCPS proposed budget. Richard was victorious, the next day the board of education reinstated the Literacy Coach Position.
As an educator, Richard understands the importance of this position.
- Richard was invited by the Aspen Hill, Lincoln Park and Twinbrook Citizens Association to present a free seminar on the Homeowners Property Tax Credit and Renters Property Tax Credit and the Senior Property Tax Credit to their neighborhood residents. Richard showed the residents how they may qualify for this credit and possible reduce their real estate property tax bill.
- Richard has advocated for a “Village Coordinator” in the City of Rockville and this position was added to the City Staff. Richard has advocated for the Twinbrook Neighborhood Village and this group is at its initial stages of formation.
Common Sense Solutions
I was one of the few candidates that pledged to vote AGAINST raising your homeowner property taxes. (Montgomery County Sentinel Article, dated 2/22/18, page 10).
Reducing traffic congestion in our neighborhoods by installing smart traffic signals and Investing in infrastructure by utilizing service lanes/reversible lanes on our highways.
As a Certified Public Accountant with Big 4 and governmental budget experience, I will be fiscally responsible with our $5.5 billion dollar budget.
Support MCPS system by aggressively lobbying our State legislators for our appropriate share of the Education Trust Fund in order to maintain the highest level of quality education in Montgomery County.
Attract Talent, Retain Talent, and Retrain Talent!
Keep Montgomery County affordable and livable. Support our Small Businesses by providing Moderately Priced Business Units (MPBU’s) and offer a Small Business Tax Credit. Supporting small businesses is essential to the economic health of our County.
Top environmental priorities are improving air quality, ensuring water quality, reducing GHG emissions and supporting the Under2 Coalition.